Any offender required to register in the State of Kansas must register with the Bourbon County Sheriff's Office within three business days of coming into any location within Bourbon County where the offender resides or intends to reside, maintain employment or intends to maintain employment, or attends school or intends to attend school.
All offenders must report in person to the Sheriff's Office four times each year to register. The offender shall be required to report to the Bourbon County Sheriff's Office once during the month of the offender's birthday and every third, sixth and ninth month occurring before and after the month of the offender's birthday. (For example, if your birthday is in January, you will register in January, April, July, and October. See the info on birthday months below.) Appointments must be made for initial registration. Appointments will then be scheduled by the Sheriff's Office for following registrations.
Our agency, at our discretion, may allow one of the four required reports to be conducted by certified letter.
- When you register you will need to provide the following:
- Current address.
- Current phone number.
- Any and all aliases.
- Identifying characteristics such as race, ethnicity, sex, age, height, weight, skin tone, hair and eye color, and blood type.
- All scars, marks and tattoos.
- Any and all usernames that you use on the internet. E-mail addresses, online identities used by you on the internet, any information relating to membership in any and all personal web pages or online social networks, or internet screen names (We do not require passwords.)
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc..
- A current form of identification. If you do not have a current or valid driver's license you will obtain an identification card.
- Current registration for the vehicle you are using. The vehicle does not have to be titled in your name; as long as you use the vehicle you must register it with the Sheriff's Office.
- Address to your current place of residence. If you are transient (without a fixed address), you must provide a list of places where you sleep or intend to sleep and otherwise frequent during the time since the last registration. You must also provide a list of places where you may be contacted, where you intend to sleep and otherwise frequent during the period of time prior to the next required date of registration.
- Current employment; address of where you work, name of supervisor, and phone number.
- Any schools currently enrolled in, address of the school, and phone number.
- All professional licenses, designations and certifications.
- Documentation of any treatment received for a mental abnormality or personality disorder.
- All travel and immigration documents.
- Name and phone number of your probation, parole, or community corrections officer.
- Submit to the taking of an updated photograph by Bourbon County every time you are required to register. Also you will be required to submit to the taking of a photograph to document any changes in identifying characteristics, including, but not limited to, scars, marks and tattoos.
- You are required to pay a $20 fee during the months you are required to register. You are not required to pay the fee if you are updating any information during a month you are not required to register.
- You are required to renew any driver's license/identification card every year; your RO (Registered Offender) number must be present on that card.
- At your initial registration with Bourbon County you will be fingerprinted.
All offenders are required to notify the Bourbon County Sheriff's Office of ANY change within 3 business days of said change. If you change anything listed above you must notify the Bourbon County Sheriff's Office.
To register contact the following person:
(620)223-1440 Ext. 257 Office
If you are unable to reach Ann at the Office number, call the other number and leave a message.
Offender Registration is on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Ann does not accept updates to your registration through voicemail. You may leave a message and she will call you back. She will however accept updates through email. Please remember that any and all changes must be reported within 3 days. You may email updates, and updates only, to:
If your birthday is in:
January, you will register in the following months:
- January, April, July and October
February, you will register in the following months:
- February, May, August and November
March, you will register in the following months:
- March, June, September, December
April, you will register in the following months:
- April, July, October and January
May, you will register in the following months:
- May, August, November and February
June, you will register in the following months:
- June, September, December and March
July, you will register in the following months:
- July, October, January and April
August, you will register in the following months:
- August, November, February and May
September, you will register in the following months:
- September, December, March and June
October, you will register in the following months:
- October, January, April and July
November, you will register in the following months:
- November, February, May and August
December, you will register in the following months:
- December, March, June and September